[drupal-devel] Re: More profiling code - the server this time

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Thu Aug 11 15:54:15 UTC 2005

PS here are results from my 1.3GHz Intel Pentium M:

Processor Speed (10000 Cycles): 49.43
Disk Speed (166 Cycles): 1006.63
DB Speed (123 Cycles): 10047.65

Because of the way the code is right now the interesting figure for the
processor speed is the second number (49.43, lower is better) whereas
the interesting number for the other two is the number of cycles (166
and 123, bigger is better). We'll do some work on this to make the
numbers easier to make sense of.

We also need a way to clear the records - erase the tmp files etc.
Actually, the records should be kept as variables, I think:

variable_set('profiler_results', $results);

Mike, want to update the code?

-Robert