[drupal-devel] anyone interested in participating in SpikeSource's Open Testing Contest

Kai Mai kai.mailbox at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 01:55:16 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone interested in participating in SpikeSource's
Open Testing Contest
(http://www.spikesource.com/events/opentestingcontest/).

I see this is more of an opportunity to bring automated testing
coverage to Drupal.

I've used SimpleTest to implemented some automated tests for a Drupal
module I wrote.  SimpleTest is pretty solid in doing unit testings and
web-based black-box testing.

I went to SpikeSource's headquarter for their test festival where I
saw the demo of using
phpCoverage(http://www.spikesource.com/projects/phpcoverage/) and
SimpleTest on Mambo.  It's really cool.

It's getting harder and harder to manual test a big and growing system
like Drupal.
Automated testings may be hard to implement initially.  But it gives
quick feedback on changes made to a system.

Drupal should make use of  SpikeSource's Free Project Test service at
http://spikesource.com/spikewatch/index.jsp.   We can pick which
stacks we deploy Drupal and do the testings.

I am not affiliated with SpikeSource.   I just really like their
testing services for open source projects.

Thanks.
Kai