[drupal-devel] Re: [contributions:MegaGrunt] /modules/publication publication.module publication.mysql readme.txt

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Fri Aug 19 07:08:06 UTC 2005

On 19 Aug 2005, at 02:04, drupal-cvs at drupal.org wrote:

> User: MegaGrunt    Branch: HEAD    Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 00:04:08
> +0000
>
> Added files:
>   /modules/publication publication.module publication.mysql readme.txt
>
> Log message:
>   Handles data, logic, and UI of publication(s).
>
>   Component module which provides service to other modules.

- This does mean what?  I guess I'll have to read the readme.txt
(which should be README.txt really).

- I'm afraid the subtle differences in your modules' names are
somewhat confusing:

    + There is already a scheduleR module.  How does your schedule
module differ?

    + There is already a subscription module.  How does your
subscribe module differ?  Doesn't JonBob have a subscribe module
too?  (I want a subscription.module in core (e-mail notifications)
but don't want to ship both a subscribe and subscription module.  I
want a single-file module with or without additional .inc files.)

- What other modules are going to re-use the scheduler and subscribe
modules?

- The e-commerce module groups its modules in modules/ecommerce.  In
general I like that better, because it makes for one well-defined
project.