[drupal-devel] [bug] Call to undefined function check_plain in in xmlrpc.inc in drupal 4.5.5

puregin drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Aug 19 08:01:18 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/29149
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/29149

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.5
 Component:    other
 Category:     bug reports

I can confirm that this problem exists and that underwaterguy's patch
fixes the problem. I am supplying his patch in unified diff format.

Djun

puregin

Previous comments:

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:54:47 +0000 : underwaterguy

I'm getting an error in my hourly cron run:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: check_plain() in
/home/wadsworth/www/jeaun.com/includes/xmlrpc.inc on line 67

It appears that the new version of xmlrpc.inc in drupal 4.5.5 contains
a call to the check_plain function, which I believe only exists in
drupal 4.6. I'm guessing that those function calls should be changed to
drupal_specialchars, since the two functions appear to be doing
essentially the same thing.

I've attached a patch that switches the function calls.

I can't seem to upload the patch (although it's easy enough to make
manually,) so here it is:

67c67
<       return '<string>'. check_plain($xmlrpc_value->data)
.'</string>';
---
>       return '<string>'. drupal_specialchars($xmlrpc_value->data)
.'</string>';
80c80
<         $return .= "  <member><name>". check_plain($name)
."</name><value>";
---
>         $return .= "  <member><name>". drupal_specialchars($name)
."</name><value>";

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:56:42 +0000 : underwaterguy

Okay, so the patch was uploaded. The preview function wasn't working for
some reason, so I couldn't see that it was already there.

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:17:25 +0000 : Uwe Hermann

Hi, thanks for the report. Please provide patches in a proper format,
though, see http://drupal.org/patch.