[drupal-devel] [bug] PG_QUERY ERROR - LOCK TABLES - IMPLEMENTATION FAULT.

Cvbge drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Aug 19 11:29:27 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/22911
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/22911

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    database system
 Category:     bug reports

The patch adds two functions to lock and unlock tables.

Cvbge

Previous comments:

Sun, 15 May 2005 14:34:48 +0000 : kinai

I get this error :

Warning: pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR: syntax
error on or near "cache" at character 13 in
/var/www/drupal/includes/database.pgsql.inc on line 45

Fatal error: ERROR: syntax error on or near "cache" at character 13
query: LOCK TABLES cache WRITE in
/var/www/drupal/includes/database.pgsql.inc on line 62

Someone could solve this problem ?

Thanks
kinaï

Sun, 15 May 2005 15:19:26 +0000 : kinai

The SQL Command : LOCK TABLES like used in bootstrap.inc is only
specified for MySQL, not for PostgreSQL.
The UNLOCK TABLES SQL command is not implemented in PostgreSQL.

Someone could solve this problem ?

Thanks,
Kinaï

Sat, 28 May 2005 23:34:03 +0000 : bd_csmc

this issue still exists, i've verified it on a fresh cvs install w/
pgsql 8

Sat, 28 May 2005 23:39:52 +0000 : bd_csmc

i fixed the problem in my installation, by changing the syntax to:

LOCK TABLE {cache}

it's table, not tables. and i dropped the 'write' bit.

furthermore, pgsql does not support the UNLOCK command, so i had to
comment the unlock tables command. unless there are more lock/unlock
commands elsewhere in the code, this works fine for me.

according to pgsql docs, UNLOCK is automatically performed at
transaction end, which is why there is no such command.