[drupal-devel] My approach on photo albums, slide show, etc.

Emiliano emiliano at novayork.com
Wed Aug 24 01:09:03 UTC 2005

Hi Adrian!

At the moment images are always uploaded by image module. I was thinking about
creating a mass upload option based on a hacked version of photo album found
at http://drupal.org/node/24872. You would choose the category, the
appropriate album and then upload the images. I'm quite uneasy about it,
though -- I would need someone to backup me if I'm unable to update the code
to be compliant to future versions of image module.

So, the way it is now you upload the image using image module. Then you create
the (simple) album and inform which nodes should be part of the it. I'm very
unhappy with this form -- it's ugly, users must know each node id, etc. Today
I thought about using the link hook to put a link on each image like 'add to
album'. Clicking there, you would see a form with a drop-down list of your
albums. You'd choose one and save.

What do you think about all this?

Regards,
Emiliano.