[drupal-devel] IRC Chat with MySQL Founder and MySQL developer team

Khalid B kbahey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:55:29 UTC 2005

Kieran, thanks for this idea.

I think the GUI part would be less important for Drupalers than other
aspects of MySQL since we mainly use it from PHP.

Performance would be something to look forward to.

Other points:

- How much performance degradation does InnoDB introduce?  We all know
InnoDB is good for referential integrity, transactions, ...etc. but it
does increase overhead. How much of that is expected for a CMS type
application.

- Is MySQL planning to do away with the serious drawback of not
complaining about syntax that is not supported by the current engine?
For example, if you give an option that requires InnoDB to work, but
you are using MyISAM, it will silently accept it, without complaining,
giving the user a false sense that the operation was successful.