[drupal-devel] [task] Remove old manual update info

drumm drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Aug 25 20:49:03 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/29597
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/29597

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     tasks

Yeah, the best thing to do is make an error message that says "it seems
you haven't upgraded since drupal 4.4. you are going to have to
download 4.5 now."

drumm

Previous comments:

Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:05:17 +0000 : drumm

We can get rid of all this since the associated pre-4.5 updates aren't
there.

Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:37:33 +0000 : sepeck

In the last two weeks we have had two people in #drupal-support asking
about 4.3 and 4.4 to 4.6 upgrades.

Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:01:36 +0000 : kbahey

For what its worth, I upgraded a site from 4.4.2 to 4.6.3 a few days
ago. It was a circa Sept 2003 release of Drupal.

Of course I did it first on a test install with the old data and old
version.

I had to go incrementally and see where it fails, and go create them
manually (or add columns, or insert roles, ...etc.), and continue. It
took some time but was successful in the end.

Thu, 25 Aug 2005 05:02:59 +0000 : chx

It's a go. You know why? Because you can't jump versions anyways. It
just won't work. So, we need to keep updates for one version only IMO.

Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:22:22 +0000 : sepeck

If that is so and we do, then we will need to make sure that packages
for the major core releases are available and that we provide a nice
set of instructions for people on the update.php page regarding this.