[drupal-devel] [feature] Remove ?>

Thomas Ilsche drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Aug 26 17:11:15 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/29385
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/29385

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    other
 Category:     feature requests

What do you think about leaving a comment at the end of every file like

// end tag intentionally omited

Thomas Ilsche

Previous comments:

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:37:25 +0000 : chx

I finally decided that it's best to remove all ?> from the end of all
files. I set this to ready to be commited as there is not a single line
of code which is modified and we have debated this to death on the devel
list.

TODO: update the coding style guidelines.

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:55:21 +0000 : Uwe Hermann

Patch applies, seems to work (a quick check trying various things on a
test-site succeeded).

Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:13:51 +0000 : Dries

Committed to HEAD.  Marking this 'active' until the coding guidelines
have been updated.

Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:22:10 +0000 : chx

I have not patched *.php so that templates won't get hurt. But this
meant a few files are left out... here.