[drupal-devel] [feature] Specifying separator in form_radios

Uwe Hermann drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Aug 26 21:19:50 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/9485
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/9485

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

I like it. Here's an updated patch for HEAD.

Uwe Hermann

Previous comments:

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:27:18 +0000 : Anonymous

I just added one more attribute to form_radios function - separator. The
default value is '<br />', as before. I use it for example to layout the
buttons in row instead in column.

I thought this little change could be useful.

The patch is working against HEAD right now.

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:25:15 +0000 : Dries

I wonder whether this should be a theme issue or not ... and with that
in mind, whether this would be the proper solution.

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:14:37 +0000 : Steven

It might be useful to arrange list then horizontally yes... but then I'm
wondering if it might not be best to style form_radios as a regular HTML
list with list items. Then you can apply 'float: left;' or 'display:
inline;' to them.

Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:29:36 +0000 : mph at private.prihoda.net

I think that it's definitely not a theme issue - the decision how
buttons should be laied out in larger forms should be up to the
developer, theme knows usually nothing about usability (well, usually
the dev doesn't know as well, but...)

Making it a list seems as a good alternative to me - I'll explore it,
I'm still not sure about good support for styling this elements in
different browsers, but I like the idea. I'll submit new patch if it
works.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:33:08 +0000 : Steven

I don't think mph is around anymore. Still I think formatting
radio/check lists as actual lists is a good idea. Setting back to
active.

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:53:02 +0000 : marceloverdijk

Hi,

I think the original proposed change was nice.
At least better than the original code because a
 was printed for each button.

I'm wondering about the status of this patch/proposed chaged, because
it's not included in the current cvs version downloadable.

Regards,
Marcel

Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:03:31 +0000 : jimt

I agree that having the ability to specify separators other than br
would be very handy.  A $separator argument defaulting to br looks like
a painless way to achieve this while maintaining backwards
compatibility.