[drupal-devel] [bug] Disabled Picture support still tries to create a directory

Uwe Hermann drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Aug 28 00:31:43 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/18252
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/18252

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user.module
 Category:     bug reports

+1. It's a nice usability improvement, applies cleanly to HEAD, and
works as expected.

Uwe Hermann

Previous comments:

Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:42:08 +0000 : budda

On ?q=admin/user/configure it tries to create the directory
%files%/pictures even when I have picture support disabled. Surely this
folder should only be created when I have the picture support enabled?

Error in full:

"
warning: mkdir(files/xxxxxx/pictures): Permission denied in
/var/www/html/drupal-4.5.2/includes/file.inc on line 77.

"

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 02:57:16 +0000 : Uwe Hermann

Still applies to HEAD.

Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:48:58 +0000 : tostinni

The path in HEAD is admin/settings/user
Here is a little patch that check first if picture support is enable
and then create the path.

Is it so important to check this ?

And I think that your files directory should get write permissions,
this is a normal behaviour of Drupal to store its files.