[development] optimize table in cron

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Mon Dec 5 09:30:15 UTC 2005

Hi
> There are some task that should/could be done automatically by drupal
> core itself. Besides OPTIMIZE TABLE it'd be nice to making backups
> (database mainly, but maybe files too?) and for PostgreSQL running VACUUM
> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/maintenance.html)

IMO this is not something that must be built into core. In a contrib: fine,
but certainly not in core.
I for one, running a flock of sites on multisite want to maintain my backups /
optimisations and that stuff in crontab. Having to circumvent built-in
backups, that otherwise would break my server backup system would be a hell
for me.

A big -1 on having backup and optimisation stuff in core. A big +1 on putting
that in contributed maintainance or database modules.

Ber