[development] image node type

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Fri Dec 9 17:06:25 UTC 2005

> but then... there's upload.module....

Here's my highly opinionated contribution to the discussion.

1) All downloadable files should be nodes.
2) Whether upload.module, file.module, or hooha.module does this is
   a side issue as long as ONE centralized module does it.
3) Attaching a file to another node should involve:
   a) selecting an exsting file node, or
   b) uploading a file during node edit/create, which would be saved as
a dedicated file node.
4) Inlining an image or a link to a file should be done using tokens.

I might be wrong. As I wrote it out, I thought of better ways to do it.
But it's one way that it could work that would be consistent and would
make sense.

--Jeff