[development] image node type

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Dec 9 17:12:48 UTC 2005

On 9-Dec-05, at 9:06 AM, Jeff Eaton wrote:

>> but then... there's upload.module....
>
> Here's my highly opinionated contribution to the discussion.
>
> 1) All downloadable files should be nodes.
> 2) Whether upload.module, file.module, or hooha.module does this is
>    a side issue as long as ONE centralized module does it.
> 3) Attaching a file to another node should involve:
>    a) selecting an exsting file node, or
>    b) uploading a file during node edit/create, which would be
> saved as
> a dedicated file node.

+1 to everything above. Actually, for #2, it doesn't HAVE to be one
module...it just needs to get managed in one place and work well in
predictable ways. Which File API kind of does, but is also kind of
messy, and definitely doesn't meet the second criteria.

> 4) Inlining an image or a link to a file should be done using tokens.

Doesn't work with WYSIWYG. I understand the need for tokens, but
maybe we can overload something in the HTML? Like, <a href="xx"
class="image-xx">? Implementation detail, just wanted to bring up the
rich text editor angle...the img_assist toggle works.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595