[development] forms/node API

Syscrusher scott at 4th.com
Sun Dec 11 14:16:01 UTC 2005

On Sunday 11 December 2005 03:31, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> > I accept and believe what you're saying. For the sake of my greater
> > understanding, though, can you point me to the specific module and
> > function to look at, so I can see it in the code? Again, I do believe
> > you...but I want to seize the "learning moment", as it were. :-) I did
> > a search on "POST" in node.module and form.inc, but wasn't sure which
> > of the occurrences was "the one" where the anomaly happened.
>
> It's in form_builder but that function especially this part of the
> function needs a very good understanding of forms, especially that forms
> are trees.
>
> With that said, read the form.inc code from $edit = $posted ?
> $_POST['edit'] : array();

Thanks.

> Here is a deal for Scott or anyone: come to IRC/MSN/Skype (for the
> MSN/Skype handler, mail me in private), type your questions which you
> think are missing from the form API docs, I answer them and in return you
> enhance the docs.

I accept that offer! As a professional writer, I'll be happy to contribute some
documentation. Besides, I don't like to point out problems without being willing
to help with the solution. I don't use any of the three IM tools you list; my
company mandates AIM. But I've got an IRC client (never used it, but it's
installed). OTOH, maybe email is best because then I have time to formulate
questions more carefully. I'd suggest that as first choice but hold IRC as a
backup plan in case we need something more interactive than email. Does that
work for you?

Scott