[development] Re: [consulting] managing many sites

Ber Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Dec 13 10:13:35 UTC 2005

Op dinsdag 13 december 2005 09:53, schreef Dries Buytaert:
> Yes.  I have been thinking exactly that.  We could re-use the
> aggregator module's RSS parsing routines to suck in important
> announcements and show them on a dashboard (main administration page).

For our hosting environment I am writing a module that does exactly that.

My plan for using it, is a tip of the day for admins. but we can use it for
this too.

The hard part, is getting a proper XML parser out :) Ive started this, and its
in my sandbox, but RSS/XML parsing on php < 5 is a nightmare :) and
aaggregator.module is far too specific and needs nearly complete
rearchitecturing if it wants to become a general RSS parser.  XML gurus
please hop on :)

--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |