[development] About options... :)

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Dec 14 05:50:56 UTC 2005

The "Advanced tab" debate was had a few months ago on this list and other
places. :-)  The basic argument against was that (1) "Advanced" has no
standard meaning (does it mean "cool stuff" or "make a wrong turn and your
computer catches on fire"?  Varies program to program) and (2) A catch-all
"advanced tab" is bad usability, because it means the developer couldn't
figure out what a particular feature was so just punted.  It's better to
think through how to properly present a feature than to simply punt.

The list archives and issue archives have more.  I'm pretty sure everything

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson