[development] Drupal 4.7.0 beta2 / rc?

Piotr Krukowiecki piotr at mallorn.ii.uj.edu.pl
Wed Dec 14 15:12:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 11:36:58AM +0100, Dries Buytaert wrote:
>   1. When do we release a second beta (or a release candidate)?
> Given the number of critical/annoying bugs we fixed since beta 1 has
> been released, I think a second beta might be in order.  The sooner,
> the better?

Yes. Even now.

>   2. The number of bugs that need fixing grows steadily: http://
> drupal.org/project/issues?
> projects=3060&versions=9728&states=1,8,13,14,2.  How do we encourage
> more people to help fix bugs?  How do we help people fix bugs?

chx should pay not for finding bugs, but for providing patches that are
accepted, imo.
The ideal solution would be, imo:
- if you reported a bug and core developer provided a fix - you get a
  point
- if you reported a bug, but someone else provided a patch - you get
  nothing (or 0.5 point, or something). points go to the person who
  provided the fix.

--
Piotrek
irc: #debian.pl