[development] proposal for theming nodes

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Dec 14 16:14:38 UTC 2005

On 12/14/05, Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> way too often i have to hack modules or even core (upload) to make it
> *not*
> append HTML to $node->body.
>
> I think this practice of appending stuff to the body is very bad, since it
> makes it impossible to add thatdata elsewhere, without duplication.

We've noticed this now with trackbacks and other such items (even book
module navigation, althought this may have been fixed now) appearing in
"full text feed" mode in RSS...you have to do special checking in your
module to exclude extra data when it's being uses in the RSS feed.

The hard part, imho is to convert **all** core modules to use this. and with
> All i mean all :). Taxononomy, for example, should add its terms in there,
> while book module should add its navigation.

Taxonomy I don't think so, but book module navigation, certainly. Which
brings up the point...do we then need an extra.tpl.php? Or options in
taxonomy that says "Append taxonomy terms after node body"? Best not to
touch the taxonomy issue for now, I think.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com