[development] confused: beta-1 release != head?

Knite knite at e-lai.com
Wed Dec 14 20:00:03 UTC 2005

My preference would be for beta release to get a symbolic tag in the
CVS, and critical fixes could be made on a beta1 branch if needed.

This is especially helpful if the time between beta releases is longer
(like 2+ weeks) because it'd help us encourage people to beta test
using the released beta (which has benefits of not being a moving
target) , but not leave them completely high and dry in the face of
security critical bugs, for example.

Ken