[development] performance foo

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Wed Dec 14 20:39:33 UTC 2005

Piotr Krukowiecki wrote:

> And how many calls to array2object and object2array there are on
> average/max page?

It's highly variable.  Pages which list nodes tend to have some base value (1
to 3) plus 1 or 2 per node, depending on what is displayed by the theme.

I have not instrumented a production site to get a running average over a day
or two of usage, so I can't give you accurate numbers for average and maximum.

In my simple testing, the most common number seemed to be 3 calls per page for
single node pages.  A page listing 10 blog teasers had 10 calls.

..chrisxj