[development] Re: Drupal 4.7.0 beta2 / rc

andrew morton drewish at katherinehouse.com
Thu Dec 15 09:40:21 UTC 2005

On 12/14/05, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> I know I didn't really begin to grok Drupal until I began developing modules.
> It still took me a few mods before I had a good understanding of what I was
> doing. :-)  While there are tutorials in the handbooks, such as node_example,
> frankly none of them go far enough or deep enough.  Really good deep but
> clear multi-pass tutorials are incredibly useful, but Drupal isn't there,
> yet.
>
> I believe I've the writing skills to do such a writeup, but I don't know that
> I truly grok Drupal well enough to get it right.

I'm still getting up to speed on Drupal, as soon as you figure
something out there's an update. I kind of feel like one of those guys
in the Western movies who's on the horse chasing the train, I just
hope I catch it ;)

I got started contributing bug fixes to the docs. No better learning
experience than following an example and having it mysteriously fail.
And there's no better time to write docs than when you've just figured
something out, all the questions are still fresh in your head and it
hasn't started to seem obvious. Docs are a great way to give back and
there's plenty of changes in 4.7 that need to be noted.

If you've got some time there's plenty to be done,
andrew