[development] proposal for theming nodes

Syscrusher scott at 4th.com
Thu Dec 15 16:20:46 UTC 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 07:29, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Op donderdag 15 december 2005 03:07, schreef Syscrusher:
> > Yes, but I was not planning to actually put $node->body into the new
> > array. A lot of existing code, both core and contrib, relies on $node->body
> > existing.
>
> That was something I have been thinking about a lot too. If we watn to Do It
> Good [tm], body should be in the array too.
> And I think that backwards compatibility is not that bad. The changes required
> are simple search nad replace things.
>
> But.... If we go down that route, then this one little thingy will become a
> huge issue, holding down all development.
> So a -1 on the theoratically better $node->extra[] body.

To clarify....  I meant, "$node->body shouldn't move into the new array *now*".
What I've proposed as the add-on doesn't break anything that exists today,
so existing modules can safely ignore the changes.

I was thinking to move the node body in a future release, not this one.

> On another note, should we not use a better
> $node->data? Since we are no longer talking about an "extra" array, but about
> putting all data in a structured variable.

What about $node->content, if we are thinking along those lines?

Scott