[development] proposal for theming nodes

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Dec 15 12:29:22 UTC 2005

Op donderdag 15 december 2005 03:07, schreef Syscrusher:
> Yes, but I was not planning to actually put $node->body into the new
> array. A lot of existing code, both core and contrib, relies on $node->body
> existing.

That was something I have been thinking about a lot too. If we watn to Do It
Good [tm], body should be in the array too.
And I think that backwards compatibility is not that bad. The changes required
are simple search nad replace things.

But.... If we go down that route, then this one little thingy will become a
huge issue, holding down all development.
So a -1 on the theoratically better $node->extra[] body.

On another note, should we not use a better
$node->data? Since we are no longer talking about an "extra" array, but about
putting all data in a structured variable.

Ber
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]