[development] New Ecommerce Package Maintainer

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Sat Dec 17 20:37:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 08:30 -0800, Nedjo Rogers wrote:
> Welcome to your new role, Gordon.  You bring both a solid track record in
> ecommerce and some great new ideas.  And thanks Matt for your great work,
> and for ensuring continuity.

Thanks.

> Given the size of the ecommerce code base (comparable in number of modules
> to all of Drupal core), the Forms API upgrade is going to be a considerable
> task.  It would be great if there were a way for users of ecommerce to pitch
> into this effort--either through direct coding or through financial
> sponsorship.  The payoffs, of course, will be quicker ability to use the
> package in 4.7 plus opening the way for further improvements.
>
> Thoughts on how we could organize this?

I know for 1 thing, that the update to the ecommerce to use the new
formsapi will take quite a while. I am looking for a few good coders to
get at least the core complete.

I am hoping to get the store module done in the next couple of days, to
hopefully kick start the process.

Any other ideas will be most welcome.
Gordon.