[development] New Ecommerce Package Maintainer

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Tue Dec 20 02:26:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 19:33 +0200, Adrian Rossouw wrote:
> On 18 Dec 2005, at 7:13 PM, Apartment Lines wrote:
>
> > gordon,
> >
> > i think it might be a real good idea to set up a similar system
> > that we used
> > for core forms api conversion, so you don't have to manage a gazillion
> > patches.
>
> once again, Bryght will happily give anyone wanting to work on this
> access
> to our public svn server. The one we used for forms api.
>
> Just let me know =)

I could see the reasoning behind using the bryght svn server for the
forms api, but I think that it will be just as easy to use the
contributions cvs server.

Basically at the moment ecommerce is effectively broken in cvs, so
people committing directly into ecommerce repository for a while to fix
the forms api and related issues will be ok. This also means that all
the people who donate time to getting a 4.7 release will get credited on
drupal.org for there time (and on the flip side we will also know who to
blame).

This is an extremely important module to a lot of people of I feel that
any changes have the be accounted for, and recognised who did them. With
E-Commerce we are directly affecting people money and cash flow. We are
dealing with Credit Cards, so I feel that accountability is a very
important thing in E-Commerce.

In the next week I am going to create a new task where everyone can
co-ordinate the development effort, and also create a web site where we
can test all the changes which will automatically update from CVS every
x hours.

Gordon.