[development] the new standard RSS icon

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Sat Dec 24 00:58:12 UTC 2005

> I'm not the only one who prefers to use Thunderbird or a newsreader to
> manage feeds, and the autodiscovery does nothing for that purpose.

I agree with Laura. We can't presume to know the method of subscription
access in any reader because, quite frankly, it's a mess. First, there
was the XML icon. Then there was the Radio Userland coffee mug. Then I
added the AmphetaDesk icon. Then a bunch more readers added their own
version. Then there was the meta data in the header. Then there was
middlemen for all the different access methods. Then there was the
discussion about feed:. And still, there's no agreement.

I know every time I see a site without a right-clickable XML icon, I
can do that, and will continue to do that, I wouldn't presume that every
visitor to every Drupal site ever would know to do so.

And yes, Thunderbird is the best RSS reader I've ever used.

--
Morbus Iff ( you shouldn't have come here )