[development] Re: [infrastructure] Drupal.org should have better URL aliases

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Dec 27 18:19:21 UTC 2005

Op dinsdag 27 december 2005 17:26, schreef Gabor Hojtsy:
> This is not to completely oppose a functionally automatic alias system,
> but to indicate that some people might need to have very different path
> values (eg. for custom company needs, replacing an old site, translating
> path values to some local language, etc).

I might have been unclear.
I did not mean to do awa with the handmade aliases. for those that wish, they
should remain, in path.module, stuck in the database.

Just for those urls that are autogenerated it makes little sense to stick them
in a database.

As i mentioned in my re: to Neil: if we can autogenerate someting on each
_save, _edit _insert etc, surely we can do so on _load? I would save a lot of
DB queries, caching and memory-expensive arrays.

Bèr

--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |