[development] let's cleanup /misc

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Wed Dec 28 16:22:36 UTC 2005

Here are the previous discussions on having a cleaner directory
structure for Drupa.

It has several advantages:
- Isolation of Drupal core from everything else.
- Easier upgradability.
- Less clutter in the public_html/www directory.

As a bonus, this makes symbolic linking for multi-sites easier.

http://drupal.org/node/22269
http://drupal.org/node/22336
http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2005-05/msg00332.html

One objection is CVS history. This can be addressed by moving the
files at the backend (requires manual mucking around, but doable).