[development] let's cleanup /misc

Theodore Serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 28 17:15:35 UTC 2005

Well, I never realized this has already been debated so much, maybe I
should have kept my mouth shut then :-)

But I do agree, I think we need to clean up the file structure, Drupal
is growing considerably and a change in file structure is warranted
IMO, as it seems many others agree too.

I never even considered the security aspect and that is *very*
legitimate, more than just tidying things up as I originally intended.

I do agree with Ber that his proposed structure similar to RoR is one
of the best approaches, as that approach seems to address everyones
issues (security, tidyness, etc...).

However, it seems we need to tweak things a bit on that before
everyone can agree on something. Ber, do you have that online
somewhere where we can make changes and come up with a proposed
structure?

Maybe this should go in for 4.7, maybe next release. Or maybe we
should just all try and solidify 4.7 and see if at the same time we
can come up with a resolution for directories and if not, so be it,
next release it is as Morbus suggests :-)

- ted (who seems to be starting lots of debates lately...)