[development] let's cleanup /misc

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Thu Dec 29 14:10:19 UTC 2005

> RoR had this particular issue (layout of the files) very well thought out.
> Indeed very much focussed on development, but we are discussing this on
> development at drupal,org, so why not focus on that. The whole layout issue,
> after all will not even be noticed by Joe Average. Its purely a development
> issue, IMO.

A big part of it is development, but a larger part is a site
admininstration/management
issue: security, servicability, upgradability, backup.

As far as CVS goes, if we decide on a layout, the moving can happen at the
server level manually. Yes, this is more reason to use another SCM, but that
is another thread.