[drupal-devel] [task] Core image handling

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Tue Feb 1 11:21:09 UTC 2005

hi,

Op dinsdag 1 februari 2005 10:41, schreef Anonymous:
> Is it really neccessary to include the image.inc file for each page
> view? We already include too much stuff. Gerhard

This was reason #1 for my complaint about YAPS (yet another plugin system). I
foresee more and more problems when introducing it, perfoormance being one.
And you might know that I really *hate* per-case solutions. I beleive in
global, standardised solutions. Anything else is a hack IMHO.

So again: Can we not think (i.e. discuss, not code) better solutions for this
image.inc and its private plugins? Please? Iwhat we have now is better than
nothing, bu8 it introduces a lot of complex, nonstandard stuff. If we
continue like this, we *will* lose Drupals best feature: being clean.

Examples of non-clean parts are: flexinodes plugins, e-coms private plugin
system, locale.module private code splitting, and now image private plugin
system. I foresee serious problems, and therefore plead for some thoughts and
discussions before action.

Regards,
 Bèr
--