[drupal-devel] settings inconsistencies

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 09:07:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 03:47:36 -0500, Andre Molnar
<mcsparkerton at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Dries Buytaert wrote:
> > That makes the menu too long/flat, IMO.
> > One alternative would be to have 'access control' and 'profile' tabs
> > directly under 'admin - user', instead of under 'admin - user -
> > configure' (one level less deep).
>
> Patch to follow if the attached screen capture is what you would like.

Should be "profile settings" (no "s" on profile).

And configure contains the following still?
* settings
* permissions
* roles

Personally, I'd love to have an something like Administer ->
Permissions that had *just* permissions and roles. Yes, these are tied
to "users", but they are a separate activity except when actually
applying roles to users. As well, any node access-related options
would go in this area (node privacy by role, taxonomy access, etc.).

Following that method, configure under user becomes just settings, and
we've eliminated an entire level under user.

We talk a lot about "setting permissions", but it is at least 4 clicks
to get to the permissions screen and not visible at all until you are
at Admin > Users > Configure.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com