[drupal-devel] [Fwd: other CMS's?]

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Wed Feb 2 17:08:47 UTC 2005

Op woensdag 2 februari 2005 13:26, schreef Dries Buytaert:
> It's all about convenience and comfort.

And for some even about efficiancy and profit (bryght, me, Adrian, moshe? etc)

I have no experience with Xoops. But I daresay (yes, cursing in the church)
that even *nukes sometimes have an easier UI.

About that taxonomy: people keep nagging about it, but we should not care. We
should really look into better UIs and even modules to work with taxo, but
certainly not remove it. But most of all: 90% of the people don;t need it,
yet they keep on nagging about the fact its too difficult!

> And that got me to thinking, why I am using Drupal?
> Why do I spend hours a day tinkering with it? Why do I
> put up with the frustrations and headaches?

It happens to me every week. But still i stick to Drupal, mainly becuase once
you know it, it is nice, yet far from perfect.

And to linguer on Gerhards comment about the huge amount of modules: Agreed.
Maybe we can set some approval system in motion on DrupalCOM?
We are testing/trying a new idea with the weblinks now: a bundle. ~6 modules,
created with combined efforts of all people , that will work together, use
the same DB tables, live in the same tarball, and might be dependant on one
another.
WE need more of these things IMO.

Regards,
 Bèr