[drupal-devel] settings inconsistencies

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Sun Feb 6 21:35:17 UTC 2005

Andre Molnar wrote:
  > I agree for the most part, but I always hesitate when I see the
words "I
> don't think people will..." since we all know that all people are
> different.  I *personally* would look for access control with users (or
> at least near users: as in, admin>user access control), but that's just
> me... and at the end of the day, I don't care where I find it as long as
> the functionality exists :)

I too would look for roles under 'admin - user'.  Adminittetly, I
wouldn't look for it under 'admin - user - configure'.  I would find it
under 'access control' though, but it wouldn't be my first guess.

What bother me too is that 'admin - user - configure' still has:
   1. access-related settings
   2. profile-related settings

> How about the following local tasks is users:
>
> Users (default - currently called list)
>  -Add User (local task to users>users)
> Roles
> -Add Role (local task to users>roles)
> Configure
>
> 3 tabs that are very specific to users and nothing else. (I know that
> list is a standard Drupal thing, but it is completely non descriptive,
> and in this case 'list' wouldn't differentiate between listing users and
> listing roles)
>
> As for access control: leave it outside of users, and have its local
> tasks be:
>
> Permissions (default)
> Rules

I like the idea but it's hard to evaluate without being able to see it
in action.