[drupal-devel] Howto enable webdav in your drupal directory

Karsten Müller kmue at mac.com
Mon Feb 7 11:18:32 UTC 2005

>> Note: Using webdav without SSL is probably a security risk...
>
> More than standard http?

The SSL encryption avoids the transmission of cleartext passwords.

>> Add this line to .htaccess just befor the RewriteRule line(s):
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !(^PUT$|^DELETE$|^PROPFIND$)
>
> I think this is the key issue.

Yes. I meanwhile changed it to
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} (^GET$|^HEAD$|^POST$)

This would catch the commonly used HTTP methods instead of just a few
webdav methods
(implemented by mod_dav are OPTIONS, DELETE, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, COPY,
MOVE, LOCK, UNLOCK).

> If I read all this stuff right, you will now be able to modify Drupal's
> files through webDAV.

As James said that would be cool;)

Cheers,
Karsten