[drupal-devel] Looking for a Drupal 4.5.2 database

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Feb 9 18:18:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> The upgrade went just fine. I compared a node page with a huge amount of
> comments and the /forum page. Both versions have about the same speed.
> There weren't many significant database changes. I will try the search
> next as this is the only thing I recall being reworked.

The search page is quite a bit faster for cvs if you use a search term
with a lot of results. Most of it is probably due to the fact that you
only get a paged page in cvs and all of them in 4.5. If is a x3 decrease
in connection time.

Numbers (averaged over 1000 page request, concurrency 1):
 626 ms +-  5.6 for 4.5
 220 ms +-  4.8 for cvs

If one has a less popular search term, 4.5 is a bit faster:
 147 ms +- 1.5 for 4.5
 155 ms +- 1.7 for cvs

But the results are much better. :)

Cheers,