Drupal benchmarking (was: [drupal-devel] Looking for a Drupal 4.5.2 database)

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Feb 11 01:10:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>
> > The upgrade went just fine. I compared a node page with a huge amount of
> > comments and the /forum page. Both versions have about the same speed.
> > There weren't many significant database changes. I will try the search
> > next as this is the only thing I recall being reworked.

After playing with Morbus' database I started to play with the one Charlie
sent us. His db has over 3000 nodes, while Morbus has about 400.

I've upgraded a copy to CVS.

I then requested the front page with 100 times using apache bench -n 10 -c
5 (10 times five users). No caching was used.

On the benchmarked machine I collected all sorts of data. 165 data columns
in total... You can get the raw data files, if you want. I will also
produce graphs from selected columns on request.

The good news is that Drupal CVS did have a slightly lower maximal load.

I did not look at the other data columns yet.

On none of the runs were any real failures, but oddly the page size
differed occassionally by a few bytes for both versions.

Cheers,
	Gerhard