[drupal-devel] How are patches to branches handled?

Jeremy Andrews jeremy at kerneltrap.org
Sun Feb 13 19:13:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:05:08 -0500
K B <kbahey at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> Or we could have other proposals: anyone cares to propose them?

I would love to see some way to tag new versions of contrib modules.  A
large percentage of time-consuming (arguably time-wasting) support
requests I get is because people are using an old 4.5 version of a given
module.  But how should they know that I merged in a whole string of fixes
in the past week?  Unless they know how to review CVS, there is no way for
them to know.  (Currently I have to get them to open the module file in a
text editor and to look at the Id tag at the top of the file)

What about using letters for modules?  4.5a, 4.5b, 4.5c.

-Jeremy