[drupal-devel] contrib module release creation?

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Mon Feb 14 06:15:53 UTC 2005

Gabor Hojtsy wrote:

>>> It is all done through CVS, branch your code for 4.4., and that
>>> branch will appear as the 4.4 release.
>>

>> I branched my code for 4.4 back on February 9.  The release has not
>> appeared.
>>
>> The handbook only mentions this automatic behavior for 4.5.
>>
>> I branched the same code for 4.5 last night and the 4.5 release
>> appeared as expected today.
>>
>> That is why I ask this question.
>

> Well, you need to dig into the sourcode of the releases.inc (or
> whathever it is called) file in project module, to find out how releases
> are created. I expect that it should be created once you have a 4.4.
> branch. If you had that before, but removed it, then you hit a bug in
> project module, which noone fixed yet (releases are not recreated). Then
> you need to contact Dries.

Ok, either there is a bug preventing me from ever getting/seeing the "add a
release" menu, or my account and/or project is configured incorrectly -- but I
sure can't find any setting that *I* can change to fix this.

Note that I don't see the "delete a release" option either, but was able to
delete my 4.5 release by hacking in the proper URI in my browser, and I can
edit the text of a releae, so it does not appear to be simple role permission
problem.

I also don't see the track subtabs in my account view either, as I do in
others who have projects.  Could that be related?

--
Chris Johnson