[drupal-devel] Working around node_access in node/add

Mark mark at nullcraft.org
Mon Feb 14 17:40:47 UTC 2005

Mark wrote:

> This successfully removes it from the menu and appears to deny access
> as appropriate, but node_add doesn't seem to refer to menu settings
> when displaying links to the various node/add/$type pages.  Therefore,
> whatever settings I change in the menu have no bearing on what shows
> up on the node/add page.  I end up with a bunch of links to "access
> denied" pages.  Should node_add be checking the menu settings when
> displaying its links?

Well, actually, it works for any node of a module with a name that comes
before "relativity" alphabetically.  It won't work for story.module, for
example.  Looking over menu.inc, it appears that the later path items
overwrite previous ones of the same path.  I suppose I could rename this
module "zzrelativity" to put it at the end? ;-)

-Mark