[drupal-devel] Theme engine roadmap

Chris Cook beerfan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:37:20 UTC 2005

I'm working on an original theme that I hope to contribute for
inclusion in Drupal 4.6 as a default theme (assuming it is finished in
time). Of course my dedication might wane before then as well...

Can anyone in the know clarify the future plans for core theme
engines. Based on comments at http://drupal.org/node/6493 and
elsewhere XTemplate sounds doomed but phpTemplate has not been
included in the distrubution to this date so it clearly is not an
option.

More importantly, what are the performance and code considerations for
implementing each engine as the default? If this is documented
somewhere else just point the way.

Cheers,
Chris