[drupal-devel] Release schedule

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Feb 18 05:11:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Ross Kendall wrote:

> Sorry, as someone who hasn't really contributed much to Drupal, it's not
> really my place to say...

I disagree. This depends much on what you say. And how you say it.

> However,  I feel it would be good not to rush the release so that all
> the bugs can get ironed out.

This is just the point of having release candidates.

> Could we make it an 'Alpha' for the weekend, to encourage testing and

The name really doesn't matter.

> more bug fixing.  It would be good to have more time for the most
> popular contrib modules to be tested with the various changes that have
> happened (image api etc), and for documentation to get updated.

That's the whole point. :o)

> Once you release 4.6 and lift the feature freeze, not many more bugs are
> going to get fixed!

This is contrary to experience.

> I'll even promise to help (with the bugs and testing)!

That's good.

> Dries Buytaert wrote:
>
> > Dries Buytaert wrote:
> >
> > Adrian, can you give us an update on the PostgreSQL port/updates?
> >
> > I'd like to make a RC available during the weekend.
> >
> > Should we go ahead without PostgreSQL?

IMO yes. Maybe we should put a "PostgreSQL developer wanted" sign on
drupal.org. Adrian clearly is too busy to do it alone.

Cheers,
	Gerhard