[drupal-devel] Project management contribs: Bundles: grouped
berdrupal at tiscali.be
Fri Feb 18 17:01:48 UTC 2005
Okay let's not loose focus.
We agree on the poitn that we need:
* a closed contribs section (official)
* an open contribs section (sanbox)
We disagree (or so it seems) on how to mamange the closed contribs.
* I say we should bundle them by functionality,
* You are saying we need some rating for them.
* WE all say we need to pass modules trough a team of contrib maintainers
before they are allowed in the closed sesction.
* We should not forget that we actually have such a closed & open system, but
too little people actually use it: All specific and unfinshed code *must* be
Only releasable modules should be in contribs.
Only finshed modules should be taggted for a Drupal release.
PPl. seem to disagree a lot about when it the last two points are applicable.
So: We do not disagree, But I am saying that we should go a bit further than
only closed contribs: Thats where I am talking abou "combining". I meant to
"combine" the bundles and close-open contribs ideas.
More information about the drupal-devel