[drupal-devel] Project management contribs: Bundles: grouped modules.

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Fri Feb 18 22:08:01 UTC 2005

Op vrijdag 18 februari 2005 22:46, schreef Mark Howell:
> If there were such a team of contrib mantainers, people like myself might
> feel more comfortable about contributing modules.  Whereas I might have
> enough time to properly develop a module, there's a good chance that I
> won't be around to fix bugs for a while.  A team of contrib maintainers
> would keep decent modules from falling into deprecacy.

I do not think we currently have the resources to do this. A team maintaining
contribs woiuld need to consist of at least 30 Developers @ 4 hours a week.
At least.

No, I think we should not talk about contrib *maintainers*, but more as a
contrib door-guards. Those deciding what goes in, what not. Those keeping the
heads together on what is happening, but mostly those that know who is doing
what in these "official" contribs.

Now, this might sound awfully "official", even burocratic, but its not. Think
of these people as a team, ~15 developers with write CVS access. the way
bugs, patches and featurews et al all are handled should be the exact same
way as we do it with core: queues etc. Only that instead of having only three
people with write access, we eill have five-fold, simply because a) there is
more code in that repos. b) contrib "maintainers" will/might have less time
to spend on these issues. c) have more toe filter out: from what I can see
now, there are much more issues for contribs then for core.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]