[drupal-devel] Project management contribs: Bundles: grouped modules.

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Sat Feb 19 10:33:14 UTC 2005

Op zaterdag 19 februari 2005 05:54, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
> > No, I think we should not talk about contrib *maintainers*, but more
> > as a
> > contrib door-guards. Those deciding what goes in, what not. Those
> > keeping the
> > heads together on what is happening, but mostly those that know who is
> > doing
> > what in these "official" contribs.
>
> it is quite possible that we don't have enough qualified developers
> with enough time on their hands to perform code checking and
> functionality checking for this. If you look at the patch queue, it is
> quite common for *noone* to review a given patch, and we just let dries
> do it. i would think that Contrib code would be even less worthy of
> review. I'm not opposed to the 'door guard' arrangement, i am just
> skeptical that people will do what they promised.

I share your concern. Thats why I aimed high: 15 -20 developers on this. Note
that I already addressed the issue of developers being buisy.

> the beauty of a rating system is that the whole community decides
> merit, and we don't need dedicated roles. it is true that ratings
> doesn't address the full range of issues that we want to solve here
> though.

Again: No-one is against a rating system here, it seems. But I and Károly were
bot addresssing the same point, which cannot be solved wit rating.

I suggest we either split focus here, or we make this into a
huge-will-never-happen-issue:

We have a security issue wiith CVS commits
We have a problem with developers duplicating fatr too many code  and making
incompatible, somteimes even plain crappy modules.
We have a problem with people not being able to find modules.

Again: I cant be #rsed about the third one, in fact I dont beleive that is the
case at all: If you cannot even take an hour to find the correct modules for
your site: then you are prolly not wrth them ;). No, serious: This /is/
another issue, that should not be integrated into this project, for then we
will really never get to a conclusion.
The same goes for Dries's answer about firefox's extention site. That is fine,
the idea is really great, and the amount of extensions/modules are very
similar. But really: we should not start including that discussion here.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]