[drupal-devel] Project management contribs: Bundles: grouped modules.

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Sat Feb 19 10:49:46 UTC 2005

> We have a problem with developers duplicating fatr too many code  and making
> incompatible, somteimes even plain crappy modules.

Ber,

you haven't convinced me that this is a problem that Dries' proposal
wouldn't solve. Plain crappy modules would be easy to ignore because
they wouldn't have high ratings and wouldn't bubble to the top of lists.
The presence fo the code doesn't hurt anyone. In fact, as mentioned
several times, it can have positive side-effects that are hard to predict.

I don't think that you can ever solve the 'problem' of developers
wanting to roll their own module. Sure there is duplicated effort, but
organizing CVS differently or making fences and rules around the contrib
  repository won't change the basic urge that people have to start from
scratch.

-R