[drupal-devel] Theme engine roadmap

Chris Cook beerfan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 20:54:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:48:23 -0500, Chris Cook <beerfan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Xtemplate enables separation of logic and structure. Having PHP in the
> template doesn't necessarily seem like an advantage. If it is the wave
> of the future though I guess I'll have to take a look at it.

I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to get PHPTemplate working with Drupal
HEAD. It seems there is some work to be done. Notably, the page link
implementation seems to be confused about how it should be done. Is
this being worked on?

Is PHPTemplate (almost) mature enough to be distributed in Drupal 4.6?
If this engine is to be taken seriously it needs to be added to the
distribution in my opinion.