[drupal-devel] CCK Nomenclature

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at Frontaal-Online.com
Sun Feb 27 12:02:51 UTC 2005

Gabor Hojtsy schreef:

>>> Suppose node.module handles all of the content types defined by node
>>> modules as today, and a new module is added that handles the
>>> administrator-defined content types. What should that module be called?
>>>
>>> cck.module
>>> field.module
>>> type.module
>>> nodetype.module
>>> contenttype.module
>>

>> I like the name 'content.module' or 'content-builder.module'..
>

> Note that it is not possible to have a dash in a module name, since
> the module name should be included in the function names, and PHP does
> not allow for a dash to be in the function name. This is why quite a
> few modules use underscore.
>
> Goba

Well, I know we have some guidelines about that.. But imo i think
'content-builder.module' is way much better than
'content_builder.module'.. Inside the code we should prefix the function
offcourse with the '_' form, but in the filename we should use '-'..
it's nicer and reads easier for non-coders..

Stefan