[drupal-devel] ShortStat for Drupal

Paul Byrne paul at leafish.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 01:06:57 UTC 2005

Chris Messina wrote:
> I would love to see ShortStat
> (http://www.shauninman.com/mentary/past/shortstat_beta_3.php) by Shaun
> Inman ported to Drupal...

Strange coincidence... I've just installed this on one of my drupal
sites (babylonleaf.com). At the moment it runs on a different domain,
and I have a module enabled to simply call the appropriate file from
ShortStat (inc.stats.php) to do the logging. Its a very nice stats
script, especially for those customers/clients who find scripts like
Webalizer, Urchin, Analog, AWStats etc either too confusing or just
plain overkill.

Incidentally, the link to stats.babylonleaf.com on the front page of
www.babylonleaf.com seems to redirect back to the index page of the
drupal site. Its strange, as I assumed it would be drupal's .htaccess
playing up, but cut-n-paste 'stats.babylonleaf.com' into a browser and
you get the ShortStat page: something to do with the referrer then? Does
Drupal pass links through a re-write function? Gah, but the HTML clearly
has the correct <a> tag... me confoosed. Sorry, should post in a new thread.

paul byrne <paul at leafish.co.uk>
web monkey <http://www.leafish.co.uk/>